BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 20, 2012

sometimes it's just a job

More and more I wonder if I'm really happy being a hairstylist.  I like it, I'm just not sure if I love it.  I know I'm good at it but I don't think I'm great at it.  Part of it I feel is the education I received. I know I did not get the best education.  I have always said if I could do it all over again I would go to a different school.  The school I went too did not really care about it's students.  It cared more about the money.  They did not really teach everything that the students would need to know once we were out in our perspective salons.  Maybe that's part of my problem.  And if I had more money I would take more continuing education classes but they have been out of my price range.  Every time I think I'm getting ahead something comes up.  I am enjoying my massage therapy classes.  Maybe I'll just pursue that angle once I'm finished.  I will say this. If I continue feeling unhappy I will look at other opportunities even if that means no longer being a hairstylist.

0 comments: