BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 4, 2012

true friendship

What is true friendship? A true friend is someone who is always there for you through think and thin.  They celebrate your accomplishments and feel your pain in moments of sorrow.  They don't judge your insecurities or quirks. They build you up and help you see your true potential. They are not cookie cutter images of yourself.  They do not have to have to same beliefs as you but they should not look down on yours. This past week has been hard for me.  I have had to get rid of some toxic "friendships" who did nothing but bring me down.  To them I was always wrong and my beliefs were stupid and naive.  Now I have always believed that everyone has a right to believe the way they want.  I would never tell someone that what they believe is wrong.  It's simply a matter of opinion and as long as someone is not hurting another or it's not illegal then it should be left alone.  I am first and foremost a Christian and a mother who believes kindness and generosity should come before anything else.  I would never tell anyone how to live their lives and believe in spreading love and kindness where ever I go.  To me that is what being a true friend is.

0 comments: